Access the career retention, navigation, and transition services to build your career resilience and engage with UBC’s goals and its evolving academic and administrative systems.
Career paths at UBC are unique
The potential to engage with one’s own career aspirations – ‘it is up to you’ with the organization’s mission – ‘the university is yours’ empowers employees to successfully navigate their careers at UBC, making this an outstanding work environment.
Lean on the following guiding principles which inform our approach to career retention, navigation, transition.
- Align your personal values, interests, strengths and experiences with UBC’s strategic plan and the work at the institution.
- Develop meaningful connections and shared vision with your department’s goals, engage with communities of common interests and practices, and explore opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
- Commit to continually practicing career navigation and embracing changes within your career on an on-going basis throughout your employment at UBC.
For more insights about exploring the unexpected path to career fulfillment, read this article with Pooja Khandelwal.
Career navigation and transition services
UBC offers a range of career navigation and transition support for UBC staff, typically for those who want to engage and grow with the organization’s goals. Services include:
- Information sessions for teams
- One-on-one navigation and/or transition support
- Online and in-person group work (referral required)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for one-on-one support.
Please contact your leader for referrals to the team information session and group work.
What staff are saying about these services
“…A fantastic service, and represents the best part of working, learning and growing at UBC. My talks were nurturing, challenging, refocusing and inspiring, and gave me what I needed to land on my feet.”
“Your help and support throughout this process has been invaluable. Thank you for being so approachable and available to speak with me so many times and for your creative and constructive insights. Having you in my corner has truly made a world of difference and helped me through a challenging time.”
I’ll also take the opportunity to say that the work we did together continues to be a strong basis for both reflection and action in my work and career.”